Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Kona Call

Today is the day that most athletes will be traveling to Kona for the Ironman World Championships. How exciting. While I personally have very little desire to do Kona, I, like everyone am in complete awe of every person who qualifies for a spot.

I plan on spending Sunday with the laptop open and following special people. My friend, triathlon coach Nick (Nicholas) Goodman will there. This is his third trip. He started this years journey by winning a full Ironman slot at Ironman California 70.3, then winning a Kona slot by "doing well" (how modest) at Lake Placid.

Nick believes he will come in sub-10. In 2005 at Kona he was 10:10. He has sub-10 at IMAZ.

Do you have someone for me to track online? I think the more the better to pass the time.

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Best of luck to Coach Nick!!!

Andra Sue said...

Elizabeth Fedofsky (elizabethfedofsky.blogspot.com) and her husband Chris Waterstraat are at Kona this year. Also, I think the fast guy from the RA team is there...

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

You won't see me there, that's for sure!
I don't know if I'd go even if I did qualify someday - I'd rather spend the $10K on a new bike. Plus it's so hot on that course!

Flo said...

Some athletes have been there since September acclimating to the weather. My boss went over on Monday. It is always fun to watch the best of the best but Comm, the race is on Saturday!!

Bolder said...

adding to the mix, Boulder's very own favorite pro triathlete Michael Lovato of course!

GO MICHAEL!!

tarheeltri said...

Our October Cover Story and below-the-knee amputee Kelly Bruno (13:57 at IM AZ) and our January Cover Story and double-lung transplant (raced Florida with us in '06) Scott Johnson.

Brian W said...

The race in Kona is on Oct 13 -- Saturday