Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The big gear up

The Season Of Believing is upon me. Race season that is. My 'dance' card has been filled out for some time but I am tweaking some of the events due to costs of travel. You didn't think I would be doing all this base training to just cobble a season together at the last minute, did you?

My 2008 races are a mix of short course, long course, really long courses and hopefully, honestly some scenery. I realized in my last season which ran from November 2005 through May 2007, that it was too long in duration and too Ironman specific.

I also realize that I can't relive my 2005-2007. That would be a mistake and I made plenty of those last season and will make plenty of new ones this season. I have grown as a triathlete. Some races will most certainly be repeats however what I am looking for is a progression in the sport and I can't do that focusing on the same things over and over again, wondering, "These are great...but is this it?"

I went from a barely surviving 400 yard pool sprint swimmer to a 2.4 mile ocean based Ironman with 4 foot swells. I went from doing my own thing to founding a triathlon club. From boring bland tri clothes to shaping the color landscape of Phoenix with Tribe/AZTRICLUB orange on racers and spectators alike, (orange is THE color of triathlon in Phoenix). The Tri blog alliance went from five of us to over a 100. I have become invested in people that I have never met.

What will next season bring? Belief I hope. Not just for me, but for others. I want to help others believe they can do this awesome sport too. I will be excited when I finish all my races smiling and vertical but celebrate the success of my friends. I have created a kick ass amazing race season for the next twelve months and I want to share it all with you.

3 comments:

21stCenturyMom said...

Orange is definitly the new black in the world of triathlon. Did you notice my team kit? Orange, baby!

I applaud you for thinking of next year in such a positive light. Nothing but goodness can come from that.

Bolder said...

share on bro!

Di said...

I hope there is atleast one race planned for FL. The Bigun B&B is open for business and includes Mistress and Mo.
;)