Monday, October 22, 2007

awake

I had a weird weekend. Mistress is well enough that she wanted to swim with her team on Saturday. I had had a long week but for some reason I stayed up all night. Its a strange sensation when my 0330 alarm goes off and I did not have to wake up to turn it off. I just looked at my wrist. In any regard I was sort of a wreck on Saturday. While I was mentally asleep, physically I did about 3 hours of yard work. For a landscaper I make a pretty good triathlete. Bigun will never have to worry about competition from me.

Got lots of rest on Saturday night, being up for 38 hours and taking a sleeping pill will do that. Training was set for later in the morning but Mistress tossed her back out and I spent the day on Mo duty while she stayed off her feet.

I always look forward to Monday as a fresh start of the training week. I got in my scheduled workout and have actually had some break through on some nagging work issues. Mistress and Mo are going to Seattle for the weekend and Bolder is staying with me for SOMA so I have to rearrange the rest of my training a bit to make everything work out.

Its hard to take anything to seriously today as southern California is engulfed in flames. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone who has lost their homes, been evacuated or sitting under mental anguish for a family or friend. I have heard some of the current 17 fires were deliberate by arsonists.

Have hope, Dan in San Diego. Be strong Kahuna and Robo-Stu. I am thinking of you three all the time today.

1 comment:

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

... and I am thinkg of them in Cal, too.

You and Bold will have a BLAST... I trust that if I ask you to, you will give Greg a big hug from me, right?... and a big smooch on the cheek?
I knew you would... ;-)
Have fun you guys!!!!!