Friday, October 26, 2007

Battle of the Ages


This is actually some funny stuff.

EndurancePlanet.com did a segment recently with six time Ironman Kona winner Dave Scott whom is titled to be racing head on against current Kona champ Macca this November at the Silverman in Las Vegas.

You can listen to it HERE.

Scott, 53, in the few interviews I have seen with him, is a consummate straightman in interviews allowing cut ups like Paul Huddle to deliver some great lines.

In reality Scott has no illusion of beating Macca or anyone else. In his own words, "I don't think any man can claim the title of PRO at the age of 53." Instead he will continue to inspire all of us young and old, and perhaps a current champion to look at triathlon as a lifelong endeavor and not a life judged by the last hour on the clock.

I must thank superfast aztriclub team mate, 'Chile' (as in pepper, not country) for the heads up on this. He is racing Silverman in November, his second Ironman of the year. Its a no joke bike course with 10,000 feet of climbing and his response to me after he did a sponsored full course ride in September, "Comm's....there is no flat spots on this course. Its either up or down. Sweeeet."

2 comments:

S. Baboo said...

And I will be there with him. I wonder how long it will take him to catch me on the bike...I wonder if I can get to the half way point before he does, Chile that is.

Wendy said...

On a completely unrelated note ... I can't believe it's only 168 days till IMAZ!