Saturday, February 17, 2007

Source Code

On my office wall for the last year and half has been a short quote from Felipe Bastos, Iron Kahuna's 2005 Tri-God. I read it at least once per week and though I seriously doubt I will ever get to this level of training it is surely motivating.

"My weekends are packed full.
"On Friday I have a 6k swim and a 2 hour run, with a 10x 1 mile set ( economy run). On Saturday, I ride long., 125 miles, around 6 hours. I run 40 min. off that. And sometimes I get a quick swim in at night to loosen up.
"On Sunday I run long, around 2:15 in the morning, 30 minutes in the afternoon, followed by an easy 2k swim.

"Mondays and thuesdays I have 2-hour rides with hour runs, and 4-5 k swims.

"Wednesday is a 3-hour ride with some heavy gear work.

"Thursday is a 4 hour ride, 50 min run and a 4k swim.

"There you have it. No secrets, no gimmicks, just back to back weeks like that." [Sic]
Now that is motivation to me.

2 comments:

Spokane Al said...

I have only one thing to say - wow!

I think I will print this out as well.

Bigun said...

I have the same jaw-dropped wide open look on my face as when I read the Peter Reid account in Triathlet mag of his pre-Kona routine - what I like the most about this is the "no secrets, no gimmicks..." line - doesn't sound like he complicates anything with 4xwhatever a T minus 5 HR zone x-ray - just get out there and do it!