Wednesday, February 7, 2007

"I can swim, honey"

"Well of course you can swim silly, your an ironman."

I was giddy when I called Mistress after my swim test at Durapulse. I have been spending almost too much time with Coach Nick and we did a swim test at my last session. All I had to do was swim 30 minutes, with him increasing/decreasing the water speed for interval training.

This time however I rolled from the hips. I had an elevated left shoulder out of the water. I swam front quadrant. I did not cross my hands in front of me. I.Glided. I glide. I'm a glider.

The best part about this was the time. The slowest I swam (in relation to a 100 yard time) was a recovery speed of 1'45" and faster swims up to 1'30". Coach Nick figures I swam a mile. This is a big deal because when I came to him I swam without form and with some effort at 2'00" 100's. Based on this test, I have a Iron (training) swim time of 1hr 10min, which is 25 minutes faster than similar iron swim tests I have done.

Coach was very happy for me. His client before me was still there while I was swimming and Coach asked him to come over and see what good form looked like, to show him how he would eventually improve. I told him even if he was lying to me I appreciated it.

I am so happy.

14 comments:

Tri-Angle said...

Damn Commodore
Yer flyin man!
Good job!

Iron Pol said...

Hmmmm, can I kidnap him? I suddenly feel so inadequate.

Brent Buckner said...

What a fabulous reward for your diligence!

Wendy said...

Woooo hoooo!!!!! As frustrating as technique work is (and it is sooo frustrating) -- the payoff is is worth it!

I'm doin' my Snoopy happy dance for you!

Glen said...

man nicw buddy, I might have to draft of you in the race. way to go.

Laurie said...

Excellent job. It is always fulfilling to see your hard work pay off.

JC Hyte said...

SWEET! So when you going to show the rest of us how to swim better?

Bolder said...

outstanding!

momo said...

great job! its amazing what just a little technique work can do for us, isn't it? i feel the same way - i've been working on my swimming this year and its finally seeming to come together. you're gonna rock the swim at imaz!

greyhound said...

I so want to be there. My swim has gone to hell since last year, and it was in purgatory before that.

White Salamander said...

let's video it next time and post a quicktime movie so we can ohh and ahhh even more!

Good Work!

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

awesome!!!!! it's all technique and you got it down... good job.
;-)

Papa Tweet said...

I only mentioned the intervention because I wasn't sure how your training was going. I know you well enough that when your training is in full swing, you are in full swing. So, I just wanted to make sure that you were finding your way in triathlon, therefore, finding your way in life too. In other words, I hadn't talked to you in a while and I wanted to know how you were doing. Based on the latest swim report, things are fine, as long as Mo gets better. Take care Comms. Keep up the good work in the pool.

Iron Pol said...

On my internet radio, right now, In a Big Country.

That memory should help motivate you.

(BTW, Blogger is being a chump and won't let me log in to post. I'm trying to find the back door.)