Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Not Aroma Therapy

Its that time of year again for me to get some blood work done. Oh I am not in any danger but I do have a bad thyroid that needs regular checking up. Usually I don't ask for any of the other numbers but this time I am going to ask for a full panel.

What I am really interested in is getting my testosterone level checked. I had it tested a few years back and I was low normal but now I am very conscious lately about my lack of recovery. My training, yes hard, yes long, is within an established load size that my body can normally absorb. I shouldn't wake up today and still feel like I do from a run/bike/run practice 48 hours ago. I have been sleeping two or three hours more each night that normal and still feel tired.

Hormone therapy is just one small piece of a much larger puzzle and wouldn't solve all my problems, recovery is not a linear solution, its more application of Chaos Theory. Trust me I could make a phone call and get any pro-hormone I wanted today but I have my own reservations about the process along with my over riding sense of goodness about taking illegal drugs.

Knowledge is Power.

6 comments:

Iron Pol said...

My sister had some thyroid issues a few years back. Drugs and all to treat it. Then, suddenly she felt all out of whack, again.

She went in to have her dosage checked, and during their testing, they found her thyroid was back to normal, which apparently isn't supposed to happen.

Leave it to my sister. Princess while growing up. Miracle child as an adult.

Kona Shelley said...

Just had my bloodwork done today..always a good idea to have that done at least once a year..good luck!!

Wendy said...

Yup. Get a full bloodwork panel. The body is a finely tuned machine. Sometimes it needs some professional tinkering ...

The Big Cheese said...

Make a call for me and get me some estrogen. I prefer is come inside a woman with large breast and questionable morals.

White Salamander said...

For those of you of an advancing age blood work is a good thing to get done once or twice a year. But for those of us who are still oh so young we can take it a bit more casually.

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

Keep us posted. Are you going to need extra manscaping after this hormone therapy?