Monday, February 12, 2007

The Hills have eyes

No this is not a movie review of either of the poorly done movies, nor the upcoming sequel this spring. But it felt like I was being watched during all my training this weekend since I was in the desert almost the whole time.

I did just over 100 miles over two days, not a huge load, though I will say that greater than 85% of the course was with climbs. Nothing too taxing but enjoyable. Tried some new routes that really get you out into the sonoran desert. It was the first time this year riding without three layers of clothes and jackets just race gear with arm and knee covers.

Legs are a bit sore today; I realize now that I have 15 workouts in 13 days. One last key swim tonight and tomorrow off.

I think it is always interesting what people think about when spending so much time on the bike outdoors. To let you into my head, this weekend I planned on how to build a yurt and get all my power and water from nature. Living off the grid has always fascinated me and have read and studied how to build windmills, solar units and hydro power. I have never done them for practical application. I would really like to convert some of my current home power to solar energy but it is still so cost prohibitive, about $10,000. Perhaps in my next house, I can get it built in.

No comments: