Thursday, February 22, 2007

I think I sitting on my head

My whole world this week seems to be upside down. Things in life turn around so fast, one week everything is great then the next its all over the floor, invariably the next week is pretty good again and everything rights itself. Can Life treat you like a cold?

Since Sunday I have not worked out. Each day I pack my bag for the scheduled practice of the day only to be derailed by circumstances outside my control. I suppose right now I feel I have lost control over what I want because life is telling me What's Important Now.

I really want to workout, but Mistress is overwhelmed at home.
I really want to work late and finish my project but Mo is sick and needs medicine from the pharmacy before he goes to bed.
I want to go for a run but can't slip past the meeting going on down the hall that I skipped so I could work through it but I finished my work early and the meeting is going long.
I need to swim by 2pm but as I walk out the door I get a letter from a lawyer that has to be responded to immediately.
I can't seem to open my mouth this week without offending a person, a group or a object.
My son now thinks the yard guy is cool but daddy is not because I just pick up dog poop but he mows the yard.

Aside from helping out Mistress and Mo the only thing I want to do right now is Ironman practice. Honestly the last thing I want to do is this Ironman race.

7 comments:

Bolder said...

i hear you my brothah.

it's hard the second time around, especially when life gets in the way...

Laurie said...

Just take it one day at a time. Do what you have to do.

Steven said...

Take a deep breath, hold, release. Do this a few more times.

Then go about your day. There will always be challenges along the road to Ironman.

If it were easy everyone would be one. But you've DONE it and you will do it AGAIN.

bunnygirl said...

People used to see the wheel as a metaphor for life. Sometimes you're up, sometimes you're down. Don't get complacent while you're up, but don't despair when you're down, because the wheel is always turning.

It'll get better. Just keep doing the next right thing, and you'll find yourself back on top again!

Iron Pol said...

You just get a leg up and ya' slap it on down, and you'll find yo're up in what's called a bound, bound, bound and rebound.

-Your friendly neighborhood jackalope

Nancy Toby said...

You don't HAVE to do any race, Comm! You may choose to, you may deep-down want to or not, but it's a choice, not a compulsion. Isn't it??

tarheeltri said...

For a second, I thought I was reading one of my old posts on IM Florida! This is truly the "iron" part of Ironman... having the discipline to do what is needed at home when things are tough and the strength to attack your training when things cool down. Forget about yesterday and of course, keep packing your bag for practice you never know when opportunity will arise.