Wednesday, August 9, 2006

Become a member


Sometimes things that are too good to be true, are not true. But I must say from personal witnessing, this is a really good deal.

Javelin, a big name in triathlon, has an application for becoming a member of their triathlon team. Well, team Javelin is perhaps the greatest sales concept ever. You apply online, with the link provided above, look for 'Application' at the bottom of the page, submit it and they reply that you made the team. Congratulations in advance by the way. Now you need to buy your Team Javelin uniform.

The uniform consists of a really great looking tri jersey and tri shorts that fit true to size (unisex I believe). Its $25 plus s/h. No really its only $25 and you have yourself a matching uniform that is easily $100 in the store. A couple of my training partners got theirs a while back and they are very sharp. I believe they are made by Sugoi.

A word of warning. It took them almost two months to return my acceptance.

6 comments:

Andy said...

I thought this was a great deal, but I never signed up. They have an ad in almost every issue of Triathlete magazine. I think it is a great concept, that anyone can sign up to be on the team, kind of like your local store that will have a large general team, and then a smaller group of elites.

I am still considering signing up. If it takes that long to sign up, I will just wait until the end of the season, so that I can sign up for next season.

Chris said...

That's a great price for a complete kit. I love my Sugoi top, although I will say that I don't really care for their shorts all that much.

Bolder said...

I'm not sure Sir Vay Low would appreciate me decking myself out with a Javelin.

But, I see a theme here nonetheless.

Fun post though!

Glen said...

looks good man might have to get in on it myself. Back in town late last night and ready to get back into the swing of training again. Sucks about the leg man. Looks like you gutted the race out a few weeks ago sweet job. See you next thursday. Later man.

Joseph Vinciquerra said...

Actually, when Javelin first started the program - the kits were free and they were a bit more selective of who was "accepted". Don't get me wrong, it was still 110% about marketing, but could you believe?! A free Sugoi kit?!

The benefits, other than the kit (if you choose to wear it - personaly, I don't ride a Javelin, I don't have any interest in Javelin, and therefore it never made a whole lot of sense for me to *promote* Javelin on race-day) are actually quite grand, including sizeable discounts on affiliate gear and of course, Javelin bikes and components.

Anyways - definitly an interesting case study for a business course. The number of Jav-kits I see on race-day is staggering.

"Smash" said...

I might have to check this out! I saw this in Tri Mag as well! Talk to you later.

Love the blog setup! I am coping a few of the things you have going. Hope you don't mind!