Monday, October 6, 2008

Why is it so hard to like normal?

I had a perfectly awesome weekend with my family. I mean, gosh, I truly am blessed. It was one of those weekends that felt five days long and the most relaxing of vacations. So why is it that I miss the action of training my ass off like a fiend for hours on Saturday and Sunday mornings?

I have no training goals. I have no races until at least 2010. I have a huge ache in my heart to punish my body, pushing the limits of cardiovascular endurance and muscular stamina. I have team mates pre-riding Silverman in Nevada and others running 50 miles in 13 hours preparing for next years Badwater Ultra. Had I not had the ending I did at my last Ironman, I would have been doing one of those training sessions.I want some of that action. Hell Ya.

The doctors are telling me to treat this winter as a true hibernation, like almost every other endurance athlete does else in the country does when the weather turns nasty. Of course that is the best time of the year to train down here, because unlike the rest of the county the weather will be highs of 70-80 degrees and very little rain.

Well I can only look at a far as today and hope I get the next workout completed.



1 comment:

Duane said...

Look to the future my friend.