Thursday, October 16, 2008

Check Ups

I got a message from my recovery doctor this week, "How are you feeling in regards to....and energy?"

My response about the energy is that I have more internal energy than is being externally expended. I followed that up explaining that I haven't worked out much in the last week.

His response was, "That's what we want."

It is? I think to myself, "Ah, Crap." See with the weather the way it is, its great for running and cycling right now. I see myself out there on the road. But my doctors are adamant that I spend this winter as a true exercise winter, like those that live in the Midwest and NE. A massive cut back in exertion. I have had a massive cut back in exertion since IMAZ. I figure I am on my 25 or 26 week of recovery. I cut back any more and I may want to petition USAT for a super-clyde division here in the southwest.

I had a partner who suffered a stroke last year. Out of the blue. Six months later he was training harder than ever in the weight room. Megan gave a kidney to her brother after IMAZ and she is racing again. Everyone has obstacles they have overcome and I am still in the Recovery Phase, far removed from the Considering Races Phase, or Base Building Phase.

I am constantly reminded that I was hours from death, from my own ironwill. (Of course Mistress includes she is so glad I am here) I am constantly shown in tests that a single mental lapse in the application of exertion right now has a higher percentage of fatality than a cat stuck in a dog pound overnight.

I am biding my time. It will come. Like all phases, I will move to another and another each getting me closer to a starting line.

Have Fun.


5 comments:

Wendy said...

There are lots of us who are glad you're here, Comm's!

21stCenturyMom said...

You are doing a great job of adhering to your (non) training plan. I know it is hard but if that's what it takes to keep you here then it is good.

JohnnyTri said...

Hey all that resting is only going to make you faster!

watch out bloggers.. that was Comm that just passed you.

rockon`

Mommymeepa said...

I'd rather have you here than dead, so keep not training. :-) We all love ya and want you healthy, but it would be driving me crazy too, so know that I am praying for you and am here for you if you need me.

Oh and thank you for the nice Facebook birthday message. It meant a lot to me.

Duane said...

I know it sucks to rest, but you will be back! (and around!)