Friday, October 3, 2008

Never Fear

After blogging this week on some of the most stressful aspects of my life, time after time after time, I realize I really have nothing to hide. I have always treated Common Man Syndrome as a forum for my highs and lows. To me its a watered down diary. I mean c'mon, I am not going to put my deepest fears, frustrations, and thoughts on here like I would a private journal but its cathartic and to me very fun.

I would like to think its interesting. If nothing else this week might have made your life feel a bit better compared to mine. Finding out we are having a girl is stressful enough, to lose a close relative so suddenly really screwed up my week. Honestly without an outlet like CMS to write these topical thoughts and feelings and receive support from the comments I think I would be worse off.

I can't wait to get back to some diligent training. My body is just not ready for it, mostly from a nutritional and lack of sleep point of view. I can even acknowledge that I am not eating much and can't make the necessary adjustments to get my energy level back up. It will turn though.

Never fear, I am not in some deep depression. I am interactive with the world. I work hard. I went to Mo's school today for parent appreciation day. Basically he showed us his kindergarten projects and favorite tasks. I get it. I know I have a lot on my mind, but not looking to bum out everyone around me and if I've done so the last few posts, forgive me.

Its Friday. The weekend. Find something to get excited and enthusiastic about. I may not find it, but I am going to look.




3 comments:

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

Dude - you're never a "downer". We all have those days and weeks even. Your vulnerability grounds you and just makes you all the more "one of us".
You support us; we support you.
xoxoxxo
Jenny

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Hang tough, my friend. There's nothing like visiting our children's school for a little pick me up.

I have no doubt you'll train yourself into a stronger Common Man that ever before, yo!

Stay tuned...

J~Mom said...

You just keep it real is all. Thanks for sharing with us!