Monday, October 27, 2008

Let to my own devices

Mistress is leaving Mo and I for the week. She is going to San Diego to see her best friend who has been living in London the last couple of years for work. Once or twice a year said friend comes back to the states for work related training.

She will have a fabulous time, eating and enjoying the company I am sure. But this blog is all about me and I will be pulling my hair out. It is hard enough to take care and be responsible for myself without the help of Mistress; to also be responsible for the Mighty Mo...cue shivers.

Mistress was kind enough to make meals for our dinners ahead of time. Thank God. Faithful readers know that my cooking prowess is certifiably horrific. Mom has promised an open door for any meal and I may take her up for a night. Dad is off on a job so she hasn't been cooking much anyway.

It will be the last time before the baby that Mo and I will have nights all to ourselves. He has flag football practice on Tuesday and Thursday so on another night we will go the museum for the new dinosaur exhibit and we have a secret gift for his mommy. Shhhh. Don't tell anyone. We are going to mask and primer the baby room so it can be painted some unholy version of pink that assuredly will not be called pink but something that in and of itself would never be considered a color.

Have fun.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Boys left to their own devices ... you guys will have fun!

21stCenturyMom said...

My entire house lit up with a color called 'relief' when you got to the part about how Mistress left you with meals. Just remember when re-heating them do NOT leave the kitchen and please, no aluminium foil in the microwave.

Have a great male bonding week .

momo said...

reposting - blogger erased me! what i said was...

have a great weekend with mo and it was so good to see you yesterday!

and it warms my heart to know that you are painting that future princess's room pink!!

LBTEPA said...

have a great time (too funny about the food, please take 21CMom's advice)

J~Mom said...

Awww..we painted my daughter's room pink. Fun times! Sorry I missed you yesterday!

Ryan said...

Life will never be the same once you paint a room pink.

Good Luck!