Monday, October 20, 2008

Lazy but healthy and happy

You know what? As long as I don't workout, I feel pretty damn good. Of course I sabotage all that warm and fuzzy with Rube Goldberg thoughts on how to get into a race or skip out for a ride in the heat. Oh, the unnecessary torture we put ourselves through.

My neighbors must think I am off my rocker. Why? I put up and turned on my Christmas lights last night. Mighty Mo is of the firm opinion that when the sunsets early, its close to Christmas and time for 'pretty lights'. Yesterday, with his help on a ladder, we put up about 300 bulbs. I had to put my foot down on the yard displays. Mistress was equally horrified and amazed to see her little boy standing near the top of a ladder and stringing bulbs along the garage. I figure as long as he can see the lights when he gets home around 6:30 pm, I am good, so the timer is currently set for about an hour.

My health feels pretty good. I think I have lost weight if not stayed the same weight in the last six months. Unlike most people, when I stop working out I gain weight. I am surrounded by people who lose weight when they stop training. Bastards.

Have Fun.

5 comments:

Jana said...

Christmas lights? Seriously? We have some serious talking to do mister! At least I have a place to show my in-laws the lights while they're here!

Mommymeepa said...

I cannot believe you put your lights up already. What a shame.

Cliff said...

Hey Commodore,

Any chance we can get to see the xmas lights? :)

21stCenturyMom said...

Some people just leave their lights up all year because they like them. If Mo says it is time for lights then it is time for lights!

I only know 1 person who loses weight when she can't train. I didn't even stop training and I still gained weight. So wrong.

LBTEPA said...

That's so cool - after all, he'll only be little for a short while :) We put ours up on the first week in December, but that's so Noddie's birthday cards can stay up for two weeks before then