Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I'm Going To Disneyland. Yeah!!!

This years vacation has been dedicated to family. Mistress has scheduled us to go to Disneyland next month which is very exciting. We will be there for three or four days staying just off site at some luxury hotel. Neither Mo or Mistress have ever been there and its been about 17 years since I have been there myself. It should be fun. I am bringing comfortable shoes.

I have been getting phone calls the past week or so from my Californian fishing posse. They all went to Bend, Oregon and fished the Deschutes river. Monster hatches and salmon size trout awaited my compatriots. My friend Matt, using a (I gag on the word) fly rod, caught a 30 inch rainbow that weighed six pounds. That is once in a life time folks.

They seemed content driving back but I would have thrown a tantrum making a two year old proud had I been with them. They did not go to the Deschutes brewery, only one of the finest microbrewery's in the country. For shame. That would be like going to the Grand Canyon and not looking down.

I suppose this is a year of recovery in many aspects. I am not doing any more races this year and I am not doing any big fishing or backpacking trips either. Next year perhaps. I already have Ironman Arizona next year and don't need any vacation for that. Maybe I can get in a ten day at Yellowstone? Oh or a quick trip to Machhu Picchu? Fish the Frazier river in Canada?

But first I must brave the Pirates of the Caribbean, not scare myself to death in the Haunted Mansion, plug my ears in It's A Small World and spin myself silly on the Teacups.

Ah, the life of a boy with dreams.

13 comments:

Brent Buckner said...

Wooo hoooo!

The House of Mouse!

YOU MUST HAVE THIS:
The Unofficial Guide to Disneyland
Essential. Really.

greyhound said...

Don't forget the obligatory, sacrificial offering at the alter of the Iron Kahuna while you're near the OC.

Winz Photo said...

be sure to bait plenty of mouse traps, and watch out for those annoying chipmunks

stronger said...

It'll be a toss up to see who has more fun - you or Mo?

21stCenturyMom said...

Don't neglect to go to the other side, the California Adventure or whatever it's called and do the simulated hot air baloon ride. It's supposed to be fab - complete with smell-o-vision. Fun fun!

tarheeltri said...

Nice fish. I'll be fishing in the gulf stream off Florida shortly. Hopefully we'll pull some more 28 pound mahis like we did last year. Fishing is the best.

tarheeltri said...

Nice fish. I'll be fishing in the gulf stream off Florida shortly. Hopefully we'll pull some more 28 pound mahis like we did last year. Fishing is the best.

Bolder said...

i'm with stronger.

you are SOOOOO not fooling me.

TxTriSkatemom said...

take extra memory cards/batteries for the camera -- the moment when Mo sees the Mouse for the first time will be magical! Unless he freaks out completely, which can be just as amusing! You'll have a blast!

Papa Tweet said...

How about riding your bike through Yellowstone before it's open to cars? One question, why are you so opposed to fly fishing? Too elitist? Just curious. I enjoy both forms of fishing, but understand if you have a preference. Have fun a Disney World.

Wendy said...

Sooooo jealous!!!! I expect to live vicariously through the wonderful pictures you'll post!

Mmm. Main street. Toll House cookies ...

Laurie said...

Weird, it has been 17 years since I went to Disneyland too. Funny how that is.

Have a great time!

Fe-lady said...

Oh yeah...California Adventure "It's a Bug's Life" is really cute. Mo will love it! And don't forget to get a pix of him with Mickey! It will last a lifetime! Have fun!