Wednesday, June 20, 2007

All Practicing

I really tweaked my neck and shoulder somehow on Tuesday so I was a wreck for training. I canceled my swim coaching with Nick from Durapulse, (BTW good luck at CdA-he is shooting for a Kona slot) and I went to see Jeff aka The Machine, aka #1 training partner for some therapy before attempting the track workout. He spent an hour on me and told me I was hopeless. Wrote me a script for vodka and OJ and told me to get it filled before going home.

I ended up surprising Mighty Mo at his second swim practice. Last week he would not come off the step, acting shy in unfamiliar surroundings, but this week when I came in he was floating on his back much better than his father ever has.

Mistress and I were both very happy with his improvement and as we sat there against the wall watching our son practice his floating, I remarked that all of us now have a swim coach. I with Nick, Mistress with Desert Thunder Masters and now Mo with Swim Kidz. It made her laugh.

On the way home he apparently destroyed every bit of food in the car and carved his way through a seedless watermelon and a plate of pasta for dinner. I mean c'mon who isn't extremely hungry after a swim workout?

I guess that runs in our family too.

9 comments:

Tony said...

I have known how to swim for thirty years now, and I am still taking lessons.

Mo is right, swimming does make you hungry.

Wendy said...

Fabulous!!! (Not the shoulder tweaking bit. Hope that rights itself quickly.) I love that you, Mistress and Mo all have your own swim coaches!!!!

I'm sure we'll all be looking forward to hearing more about Mo's path to swim dominance! Keep us posted!

Bigun said...

another tyrana-MO-raus-rex sighting! FEEED MEEEE!

The Big Cheese said...

Com you are just the man to explain...Why does the swim workout make us so damn hungry?

21stCenturyMom said...

I mowed through my kitchen all day yesterday after just 1500 meters in the pool. Why oh why??!!!

Go Mighty Mo!! I see swim team in your future.

Cliff said...

Commodre,

get well soon. Good to hera that you start Mighty Mo in the pool in such a young age :).

He will be a great swimmer.

Or at least better than me.. :D

Di said...

he'll need all of that food for stores so that he can plow through Disney!!! LOL

greyhound said...

Mighty MO-Raus Rex will take a finger off if you get too close after a swim workout. Dude is a swimming feeding frenzy.

Andy said...

Tweaking....not cool! :-)

I need to jump on the swim coach bandwagon. I think I have improved about as much as I can without additional help.

Ah, I remember the early days of my first swimming lessons, they were hella fun...

I usually will carve through some kind of combo meal, plus an extra burger/chicken sandwhich/white meat chicken nuggets on top of that post swim.