Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Whose the traveller?

My daughter at just over a year old, has traveled more in the last 5 months than I have. That ain't right. And I might be a bit offended relieved. Mistress has gone to Seattle for the week and taking our little baby Mae with her. 

I did offer to watch both Mae and Mighty Mo while she went there, but it wasn't even a consideration in her planning. Yeah, I have never claimed to be a stressless father figure.  It is enough for me to handle myself, Mighty Mo is pretty much self sufficient and then there is a crying, four back teeth coming in, fussy, doesn't like hearing 'No', daredevil of a Mae. Somehow, women like my wife have learned to cope with this behavior, while men like myself would rather face 300 Spartans.

I have significantly improved my parenting when it comes to Mighty Mo. I got him to practice in time Monday and we ate at his favorite restaurant, Chili's.  Tuesday morning he got himself dressed, made his own very nutritious lunch and did all his chores before I was even out of bed. So we went to ihop for breakfast. Grandma made him dinner and I got to have a new dehydrated Mountain House meal for my own. 4 Star cuisine for me.

Oh yeah, for those that don't recall. I don't can't cook. I can boil water like a sumbitch but lost on the subtleties of adding more than three ingredients.  Have no fear we are stocked up on yogurt and protein bars. We're solid. 

Along with half the family away, this is the busiest week of the month for me in my work responsibilities. Training is taking a hit this week which is okay, I often plan for this. I am still getting in daily training of some kind, just not very intense.

I am not going to just exist. I am going to live.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You and Mo will enjoy "bach-ing" it for a few days -- and then be ever so pleased to see Mistress and Mae back home!

Jana said...

You boys be good. & call me if you need some food... cooked food.