Monday, April 5, 2010

Soft Opening

Greetings All, 

I have imported my first blog, Common Man Syndrome to a new blog with a new name ENDURANCE PURSUITS. Welcome and please bookmark for rss feeds. 

The original blog, which I will always love, described my meteoric rise in the sport of triathlon and some pretty spectacular failures as well. Over the last five years, I think I have proved my point. I am not a Common Man. I am most assuredly UNcommon.

But what to name this new blog, this new digital journal? Looking back at my life, life there is just too many identifiers I could use to describe myself.  So I decided on something most closely resembling where I see my life progressing.  So I chose the title ENDURANCE PURSUITS. It represents that I am  no longer  enamored with finish lines. I will still train and race and be competitive, its a camaraderie that is unlike any in life and I need it. But mentally races don't drive me anymore. I am in pursuit of something more than a medal or a Age Group placement. I am going push my physical boundary's in ways that interest me and reward me and and that requires me to think and do things that are internally driven and not necessarily centered around a specific race schedule.

How far can I go?
How long can I do it?
Who can I do it with?
What fun is there in it?

Lets find out. Because its not enough to exist. I am going to live. Welcome to my ENDURANCE PURSUITS

1 comment:

Sean said...

Like the new site big brother.

LiNC