Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Dream Big...just make sure you fit into the pants.

Or to put it another way, You can want to do almost anything with your life but you have to have the capacity to do it. 

I finally spoke to someone today about my Big Ass Adventure Idea and the training that leads up to it. I confided in this person because this person has shown me to be far more solicitous of my health than I am.  And since it is pretty obvious that I can not listen to my own body when I get into that zone, I have appreciated the support.

I had to make sure the connection on my phone hadn't died, this person was still there just in shock taking it in.  The first response was, "You should totally get one of those GPS things so Mistress knows where your at." I laughed and related that I did indeed that very morning tell her I was going to buy a SPOT 2 gps satellite messenger this week with my substantial REI rebate. And that with the social networking aspect of the device I can set it up so everyone could get real time results of my efforts. 

Then like all my other crazy ideas I've have actually mentioned to people, this person volunteered to help me out with some of my training outline.  Lets face it, this person is doing 3 Ironman's this year and it's not easy to keep things fresh when you've already done six.  In fact, made some damn good recommendations to provide for my safety. Unfortunately most were races and none fit my time line or health boundary's. Somethings to consider however for future events. Everything I do today with my nutrition, my supplementation,  my training, my meditation, just brings me closer to my goal of being able to do endurance events at any time without having to build a foundation for it. The capacity will already be there. 

Its not enough to exist. I am going to live.




1 comment:

Fumo Santo said...

Considering what little I know about you, "something big" must really mean 'BIG'... So, a big-ass adventure... GPS so loved ones know where you are at all times... Something so big that the person on the other end of the line was stunned to silence...

This all smells like a potential Everest Base Camp trip. Either that, or you're going for an elusive belt buckle... I can't figure out which though (and hell, I may be way off base with both ideas)!