Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Top 100 hits

It all comes down to the next 100 days of perfect execution. That is all I have left to put deposits in my Bank of Ironman. After that is a couple key workouts and then one big withdrawal for Arizona.

Two winters ago I wrote about The Fever. Last winter I wrote about my success at Florida. This year I write about Belief. I believe I can do my best at this race if I do not take for granted the opportunities I have been given in this life and the preparation I have given myself. If I don't distract myself or delude myself I know that I am capable of more than I have seen.

There are many obstacles in my way. I have no illusions of my limiters and liabilities. But I also know the untapped potential in me. All it takes is one day at a time of quality effort and focus totaling 100 days in all.

As I have written before, Arizona is a funny place. While the rest of the country is enjoying their winters and off-seasons, I will be running 15-20 miles at a pop and riding outdoor century's every other weekend it will seem. I have never been more prepared for as much load as I will be handling. I believe in myself and I believe in my mentors and I believe, I believe, I BELIEVE, that this race will be much different that the others.

3 comments:

Tri-Angle said...

So is it 110? or 129 like your countdown clock shows? Also, and I keeo failing to mention this....
Your year is wrong

I believe in you too Comm.
and in me come November.....

Brent Buckner said...

OK, here's to 100 days of tremendous execution and 29 further days of staying healthy!

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

There are many that believe in you too... and that includes me.

Knock 'em dead, Comm.

Stay tuned...