Friday, December 7, 2007

Kind of feels like a race, at least my hearts beating fast

Life has been a whirlwind the last few years for Mistresses and I. Between the work, Mo's medical condition and the fact that he is almost five, my endurance training, all that, we really haven't gone out on a date as adults in a long, long time.

So Mo goes to grandmas for the night and we get to do...whatever. What do married couples do outside of the house without having to track a personable kid or have any other worries. Just two people who love each other and need to connect on a level that is not just shy of 4 feet tall and 50 pounds.

Kind of makes me nervous, like those mornings right before a race.

We're not young enough anymore to hit the bars and listen to bands. We don't, well I don't, dance.

Food is a given, someplace that doesn't serve fries or have a mascot would be preferred.

Movie? Maybe. We love movies but we can sit on the couch and not talk to each other when ever we want at home.

Window shop? I am not much for crowds but this is most likely how we will walk off dinner. All the decorations will be up and I haven't been in a mall in very long time. So that would be interesting.

But look. I mean, I'm not nuts. I still have a 60 mile bike scheduled for Saturday morning.

7 comments:

Brent Buckner said...

Sure you'll enjoy it... sounds 'way overdue!

Laurie said...

Oh Comm, you make married life sound so exciting. Also makes me want to get married :P

Spokane Al said...

Special times with the significant other are important and should be savored and enjoyed, but I am glad that you don't loose focus on the really critical issues - like the bike ride.

Comm's said...

absolutely al

Flo said...

Comm, you are such the romantic!! Dinner, a nice stroll, some really good conversation........... and in bed by 9 because I have a big ride tomorrow ;)

Wendy said...

Comm's, I hope you and Mistress thoroughly enjoyed the evening.

Nytro said...

for the love of god... DO NOT GO TO THE MALL DURING THE HOLIDAY SEASON.

benny and i enjoy going to a local coffee shop and just sitting across from each other and talking.

hope you had a good one!