Sunday, December 30, 2007

The Big Dozen

Mistress and I have been married 12 years today. Longest relationship I've ever had over three months. I couldn't have married a better woman for me and though like all marriages there are the idiosyncrasies and ups and downs, I have earned a long leash of trust from her. Even when I say I will be back from my workout in four hours and she says, "See you in five," and thats when I get home.

So what did we do for our anniversary? Well we sent Mo over to Grandmas for the night and we went to a high end steak place for dinner. $250 later, I felt pretty damn good and not full at all. Mistress felt a bit full and tipsy. I didn't drink any booze but created my own drink with orange juice, 7-up and cranberry juice, she had a some great Merlot.

The meal was okay, not spectacular. We had crab stuffed mushrooms that were massive and some ravioli for appetizers, she had a 8oz filet and I ordered a 18oz prime rib. It was bone in and I ate about 12 oz which was perfect but the thing was huge. It was thicker than my index finger is long, about three inches. The side for the main meal was a gnocchi, truffles and crab meat which I was not a huge fan of, but Mistress thought was tasty. For desert the restaurant gave us a free slice of very good triple chocolate cake with Happy Anniversary written in chocolate on the plate. Nice touch.

When we got done with dinner, we tried to make it to a movie, but we were in between all the showings. Instead we went home and watched a great movie I rented for her called Stardust. A little quirky but full of fun. A bit like Princess Bride which is her favorite movie.

Mo gets back soon. I am off to do the grocery's for the week and then a 1500 swim/ 30 mile bike brick. My legs are still beat from the great 60 I rode yesterday at 19.5 mph.

I'll have a new holiday M-Dot picture going up before New Year so stand by.



14 comments:

Laurie said...

Congrats to you and Mistress!

21stCenturyMom said...

Happy Anniversary!

Jen_runs said...

Happy anniversary Comms.

Sorry I've taken so long to get back to you about the Tri Alliance & my tri debut. I do have a race report - should I email it to you ?

Thanks !

Cliff said...

Commodore,

Happy Anniversary. It sounds like you guys had a great time.

Enjoy your brick. It is zero degrees (30*F?) here and I am going to go out for a quick ride :)

LBTEPA said...

Happy anniversary :)

Comm's said...

Jen

i don't have a reply email for you. send me your race report.

Tri-Angle said...

Nice work Comm
An even dozen is a good thing.

Di said...

Happy Anniversary you two!!

Brent Buckner said...

Nice perspective, glad you had a happy anniversary. Now, on to a Happy New Year!

Jumper 2.0 said...

Happy Anniversary!

Nytro said...

happy anniversary!!! sounds like you did things right!

Kona Shelley said...

Happy Anniversary and a Happy New years to you too!!

Flabbyironman said...

Congrats you guys!

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

Aww, happy anniversary! sounds like my kind of night.