Saturday, December 15, 2007

Of course he's sick

Mistress called from leaving the doctors. Mo has pneumonia, ear infection, sinus infection. Of course it was hard to hear her over the growling and roaring Mo was doing doing from the back seat with his animal puppets. Even his primary doctor reports as she can't help giggling from his antics in the office and his politeness with the nurses, "He is the happiest, sickest kid I see. His lungs are so full of fluid he shouldn't be upright, let alone flirting with my staff and playing with me."

Through all his illnesses and medical expenses we truly are blessed with a boy who has the best attitude in the world. You would never ever really know how bad it is. Part of the routine this weekend is mandatory nebulizing every three hours for 72 hours. At least at this age he can hold or will wear the mask himself during the day.

After our Christmas party last night, Mistress crawled into his bed and snuggled him through a couple treatments which he mostly slept through. He cried through the first one because he legs also hurt so while Mistress helped Mo and gave him soft touches to calm him down, I held a warm water bag on his legs. Mo has growing pains which I believe are still scientifically debated but almost every mother can attest too, and he has grown two inches in the last month so that is why he will cry and say his legs hurt. He's been complaining of them off and on for a couple years. Also explains why we have had to buy him all new pants and shoes in the last month.

I had to skip a 90 min ride yesterday. Had planned on it after getting home from the dinner, yes at midnight, but after helping with Mo I just wanted to sleep. Today and tomorrow's workouts should be on track.

Tonight I was invited to a private party through my triathlon store, Tribe Multisport, to this little bar downtown. I plan on going but I still have my concussion headaches about 5 days a week in the evenings and its still a hard to drive at night with all the lights hitting my eyes. So I may not go and also to help with Mo at level in this weekend at home.

Merry Christmas


10 comments:

Wendy said...

Here's hoping Mo feels as good as his attitude as fast as possible!

Sounds like staying home might be wise -- and I'm sure Mistress & Mo will enjoy your company!

Laurie said...

Poor Mo. I hope he feels better soon!

21stCenturyMom said...

Poor Little Mo - I hope his treatments have him feeling so much better soon.

I have no idea why doctors debate growing pains when so many kids have them. My daughter used to come into my room crying about how much her legs hurt almost every night at times. I guess if you can't measure it then medicine denies that it is real. It's real, though.

Kona Shelley said...

Awwwwwwww..poor Mo...get better baby!!

Kona Shelley said...

Awwwwwwww..poor Mo...get better baby!!

LBTEPA said...

That is so hard when your little one is sick - get well soon Mo

Brent Buckner said...

Best healing wishes to Mo.

And yes, Merry Christmas to you and yours, though sometimes it may be challenging to feel it.

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Awwwwwwww... what a tough little guy. He's better at being sick than me. I'm a total wuss.

Both of you guys, get well soon.

Stay tuned...

Bolder said...

i so hope he grows out of this, and is an unstoppable force of nature as a result.

that would be my christmas wish.

momo said...

you know, i think mo is made of stuff some of us will never understand. he's an amazing kid. give him hugs from us, i hope he's feeling better soon.