Monday, November 27, 2006

TKO'd

Mistress asked if we could order out for dinner Saturday. I chose lasagna from a pizza joint in our usual rotation. I woke up around 11:30 thinking that I really needed to burp. I had drank a diet coke while lying down on the couch and thought if I sat up it would work itself out.

I sat at the computer for thirty minutes and then puked my guts up. Yup. Food poisoning. For the next five hours, every 45 minutes had me bolting up outta bed and making a run for the lav. to wrack my body with vomiting.

Vomiting for me when I'm sick like this is a scary deal because for some reason I am a violently active one. I have been known to pass out from lack of oxygen during these bouts of evacuation.

On top of putting my body through the rack with that I was starting to feel the full effect of paintball and man was I sore. I didn't realize how many hits I had taken and all the speed work I was doing on the field.

I spent all day Sunday in bed trying to sleep but mostly flipping between the Band of Brothers marathon on HBO and Gone With Then Wind on TBS.

I feel much better today though my body is still sore from all the 'activity' it went through Saturday and into Sunday morning. Mostly my throat is raw from the vomiting.

Oh well these things happen. No training today.

4 comments:

Nancy Toby said...

NO FUN!!! Fortunately, a super-healthy guy like you can bounce back quickly!!

Iron Pol said...

How were Mistress and Mighty Mo? Or did they have different food than you?

momo said...

hope you're back to 100% quickly, comm. you need to get out and be able to enjoy this cool weather we're having for a change.

Ellie Hamilton said...

Oh, yuck. I'm reading this after you've recovered, but it sounds awful, and now you've got a head cold.... Bleah. Get better soon.