Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A stress relief and a stressor

I went for great 5 miler yesterday, ran it in just under 42 minutes.

When I got back to the car I had ten missed calls in the last ten minutes.

Back Story: Mistress developed a bad case of asthma and larangitis at Ironman Florida, (those there will remember) and came down with broncitiis after flying home. She went on antibotics and still felt pretty bad all through the week and on Monday felt worse. She threw up for a few hours that night. Yesterday she went to see a doctor about that and while there passed out. I suppose if your going to go down, go down in a doctors office hallway with four nurses standing next to you.

The messages were from the doctors office and my biz partner trying to fill me in on the issue. I flew down to office to take her to the ER for an IV and to get the testing the doctor wanted done anyway.

I was really hungry after my fast run but had no food on me. I thought about the Seinfeld episode when Elaines boyfriend was in the ER and she showed up eating JuJu Bee's. He harped on her for thinking about her stomach instead of dropping everything to be with him. I declined the drive thru.

After four hours in the ER, all the tests came back 'fanstastic' and inconclusive for her problems except that the drugs she took for the broncitis did have that side effect. They drugged her up with more morphine and nauseaous medication and sent her home.

She is still at home today and resting better. Still coughing but its the right color and just the lungs clearing themselves out.

Got the Valdora back today and heading out for a ride today along the IMAZ course. Back on track for the training.

Still no fix to the archives but working on it. I would like to thank Okolo for all his help.

Okolo created my blog header and also hosts websites, mine included. His link is in my sidebar under Nepsa. If you like your blog title and want to eliminate the .blogger.com aspect of it and also protect your creation, I highly recommend domain rights.


5 comments:

Glen said...

Good to here nothing was to wrong with the miss. Good to see you got the bike back and all in to it, nice run time to. You are going to kill AZIM next year.

Comm's said...

Thats the plan. This time it's not about finishing the course...its about Attacking it.

Clyde S. Dale said...

I also have asthma and just last year started taking a dry inhaler called Advair. It has worked great for me and i would highly recomend it. I almost never use my rescue inhaler since starting with the Advair. Good luck. Hope she's doing better.

momo said...

i'm glad to hear that your sweet wife is on the road to recovery! i picked up barbie from the lbs yesterday, too - i guess that means that imfl is officially over!

Wendy said...

I hope her recovery continues apace!