Friday, November 17, 2006

Like. So Ready.

I realize now my equilibrium dictates a minimum of ten hours of training a week. With all the extra time I have spent at home the last two weeks, I think Mistress and Mo are ready for me to be out of the house a little longer than I have been as well.

Its actually been a bit odd spending so much time with them on the weekends. Not that I don't mind, I love being with the family. I just get that itch to do or have done some sort of physical activity that day and look longingly at the cyclists going down the road or the runner chugging down the block.

My body physically feels fine and the run earlier this week was a good judge of that. But my internal clock is still off. Staying up till midnight each night unable to sleep and then being woken up at 5:30 am and just exhausted. A couple of solid nine hour sleeps would do me some good. Maybe.

Still not much on the schedule team wise this weekend. I am assisting a Polar retail seminar Saturday morning and then taking Mighty Mo to his Intro to Sports program at the rec. center. Dad and I are putting up my Christmas lights later that day and BBQ'ing some short ribs. Sunday afternoon is a pre-Ironman Arizona training party at Andy's. That should be fun.

I am already cutting back on the portions and the extravagant eating and going back to the base foods that got me through Florida. I would really like to drop some more weight for Arizona and come in below 180 pounds. Thats about 15 pounds right now, which is four more than I weighed at Florida. Its doable, and all nutrition on my part.

I spent some time yesterday cleaning up my sidebar and updating all the links. If I missed yours I apologize. Just shoot me an e-mail and I will put you back in.

9 comments:

Tri-Angle said...

So if I gave you all my info for my blog, can you set up my side bar too? I'm an illiterate when it comes to doing this crap

greyhound said...

Love the new pick. Its so much more Iron-like.

Glen said...

andy and I are biking at 6am tomorrow morning at crismon welcom to join just doing 2 loops.

Cliff said...

Yes...i love the new profile pic too.

enjoy your 'normal' time

I am jsut ready to start my engine to train for IMFL. I have been normal for about a month and a bit....

Glen said...

cancel the bike ride i cant make it my cycling shoes are broken, clip wont be in until monday.

momo said...

i'm feeling the same way - ready to go. i self imposed a two week break just to make sure i'm recovered, so tomorrow i'm running!! my hubby even "suggested" it might be time for me to get back to it. i'm sure your wife was too polite to actually say anything like that to you... :-)

Habeela said...

I can't wait until my equilibrium training week is 10 hours.

Looking at your sidebar, I think you may have confused me with Jessi unless Haabela is someone else.

Jen_runs said...

I'm not a tri - yet. Just a plain old (well, young) garden variety runner. One day when I decide to enter a lil mini sprint tri, I'll put my hand up to be added !

Comm's said...

Sorry darlin, will fix it as soon as possible. Don't want a good blog's link to go to waste.