Sunday, November 19, 2006

Quasi-World

Life takes weird and unusual twists and I keep using a word...surreal to explain how I feel in one word.

Mistress has good days and bad and this weekend have been bad. While feeling a tad better she sounds worse and is more tired. Lots of coughing and sinus issues. I have had to be more involved in the doings of a Mighty Mo and he has been used to his mother doing some of these things. It's been three weeks now and all three of us are getting a bit tired of each other.

She's tired of being tired and coughing and not being socialable. Mo's tired of me not putting up with his 3.5 year old behavior and I am tired of both of them. Oh there is no division in this family, far be it, but yesterday I did a physical and mental check out for a couple hours to obstenibly run some errands but to also just be alone.

I am a very light sleeper and between the dog barking downstairs and Mistress coughing upstairs, I didn't fall alseep until 3am. I woke to a Mo staring at me from the side of the bed, in one of those, "Jesus, you scared me Mo" moments.

This afternoon is a tri-team BBQ, which should be fun. We hope Mistress will be able to go. She wants the companionship of the other ladies there. If not the Mo and I will head there and let her sleep.

Off now to fight the Wal-Mart crowd for Thanksgiving Day shopping.

3 comments:

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

Comm - pass the remote and a bowl of soup to Mistress; take Mo to a movie after Walmart! Being a mom and being sick is the WORST!!!!

Bolder said...

oh my. that must be hard on the Mistress. she wasn't feeling well in Florida. we've recovered, but she hasn't.

and, yes, hard on Daddy too.

and, yes, you think that scared the beejeezus out of you... imagine what it's going to be like when i have my nightmare tonight!

AUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Wendy said...

Protracted illnesses are no fun for anyone. I hope Mistress recovers soon!