Thursday, February 19, 2009

A run in the books.

A surefire way to derail a new workout program is a lung infection bricked with a newborn baby. It had been ten days since I updated my training log with something of substance. Believe me, I was going crazy in a good way.

I possibly could have included some exertion, unfortunately there is not a spot in my online log to track 3 hours of yard work and citrus tree pruning, holding a baby in your left arm for two hours, (which I swear to god is as painful as doing 300 dumbbell arm curls), waking up and down stairs with said baby and whatever else I am supposed to have with me or lugging around a heavy car seat one handed with the baby in it and getting new bruises on the sides of my thigh.

All kidding aside, Mae has been a perfect baby for us. Mistress looked at me on her third day and said that on this night with Mo she was spending the first of many nights in the hospital with him. Not so with this one. She eats healthy, looks healthy, cries for food only and sleeps well. And Mo has been the best big brother we could have ever imagined. So far he has been nothing but helpful and courteous and loving to his sister. Not a hint of jealousy or acting out for attention.





6 comments:

Wendy said...

Those two are simply adorable!!

I hope your lung infection is cleared or well on its way to better.

stronger said...

that picture is to die for- so darling!

Greg said...

awesomeness.

i wouldn't expect anything less from Mo, and from your son...

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

They are so cute!!! You ought to take some good black and whites - they grow so fast!

21stCenturyMom said...

Another fantastic sibling picture. Love it!

Melissa said...

MO, you are an AWESOME big brother. Just look how happy your sister is that you are holding her. You are a great brother. Keep up the good work. Tell you dad we want to see a picture of him, you, and Mae.