Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Gifting

My godfather is in town this week visiting my parents. I can honestly say my godfather is one of my best friends. We have backpacked together for weeks at a time, we have fished all over the world. We call each other often and shoot the breeze.

He and The Colonel (dad) went to their favorite store Cabelas and it is right next to my new club so I met them there when I was done with some work. Since he was not here for Christmas/NYE like normal he told me upon arrival that he would be buying me a Christmas present and one for Mo. He had already showered Mistress with gifts.

I immediately put away the basket and grabbed a cart. Haha. Actually all I got was some all black 'off road' croc sandals. They have a thicker tread, a thicker toe cap and a modified ankle loop with some velcro to adjust. I am not the biggest croc fan but at Canyon Lake there are some swim entry points that flip flops and sandals just don't cut it. They actually came in handy with The Colonel knocked a vaccum cleaner over and it landed on my foot. Had I only been in socks it would have been quite painful. The toe cap saved me.

He bought Mo his first fishing pole, a Shakepere brand Spiderman model with a casting trainer that looks like a heavy Swedish Fish. It even lights up when you set the line to cast. At dinner he showed him how to do exactly that. I was there too, fear not, but as a retired elementary school principal who teaches kids outdoor activies at a year round camp in the Sierra Nevadas, he did it much faster. He remarked later that Mo picked it up much faster than kids twice his age and he wouldn't just say that. And man he was casting far, a couple went 60-70 feet.


Still no baby, though Mistress is having some serious contractions today. We all hope it is very, very soon.

I spoke with my doctors in Seattle and they are quite pleased with my progress after one month. My plan now is to make it through the first couple weeks after the deliever as best I can then after on a Friday after a full week of working and training, get another big blood/urine test done.

To quote my good friend Tri-Boomer because it is so apt today....

Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Go Mom Go said...

Praying for you and the Mistress.

I had to check in and see how everyone is doing.

Thanks!

LBTEPA said...

waiting is the worst... I hope Mistress isn't in too much pain