Friday, February 20, 2009

Fits and Starts

My life seems to be always in a premature state. I am much to impulsive. I wanted to be able to train again so badly, so I got my start date moved up by a couple months. Then I got a lung infection and then we our baby was born. Have no fear though I am still, Mr. Determined.

I write that as I stare at my $56 box of Girl Scout cookies on the desk across from me. Yup. I support the Girl Scouts. Too bad they don't sell protein cookies or carb gels but nevertheless. Have no fear, GS cookies have no hold on me. I will perhaps have a few Somoas over the weekend but the vast majority are for Mistress and my folks.

My nutrition is actually pretty good, even if my training is not as consistent as I ever want it. 85% of my intake would be considered great, its the 15% that gets me in trouble and keeps me at roughly the same weight. As strong as my willpower is 22 hours a day, I have a seriously lapse in judgment usually between 8p-10p at night.

As much as exercise is important for goals and just a healthy and productive life, nutrition really is about 75% of the plan to get there. All the exercise in the world doesn't matter if the total number of calories is incorrect. Its just sabotage to plow through a sleeve a cookies or handfuls of potato chips when its just indulgent, weak eating.

So as I begin, once again, to string progressively more advanced training sessions together on a consistent basis my nutrition is a minute to minute gut check. No pun intended.

5 comments:

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

Good luck, Comm - I think we all have our "witching hour"

J~Mom said...

I am right there with you on 8-10pm!! For some reason I have a snacking impulse after the kids go to bed!

Duane said...

Congrats on the new baby!

Coachhrd said...

Exciting about the new baby! Also like the looks of your blog!

LBTEPA said...

I need to write 'sabotage' on my fridge, or my hand, or the pantry, or the wine rack - or all of the above!