Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ouch

People tell me that everyone reacts to wisdom teeth extractions differently. Some are drinking beer and eating pizza the next day, others are laid up in bed. Truth be told I think I did nibble on some soft crust pepperoni the next day, but every day since I've had a ice pack attached to my face.

I don't think I have an infection, at least one can not be seen in the gum area, but my whole jaw from the top of my ear to below my nose and down to my chin is on fire and swollen. I felt like this once before when I took a a full force shot to my face with an M-16 rifle butt in a particularly rough close combat class.

It seems my recovery from injury takes me longer than I want or am prepared for. A year ago this month I suffered my 13th concussion and it took three months to fully recover. I'm still sidelined with my kidney issue that came up in April. Maybe this dental surgery is completely normal, I don't know. I can only try to keep a positive attitude and know that whatever happens it could have been worse.

I love ice packs. I seem to have quite a collection of them. So I have that going for me....which is nice.

There's treasure everywhere.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Feel better fast, Comm's! (From another person with an impressive collection of different sized & shaped ice packs.)

Tri-Angle said...

Had mine extracted in 2003. Out like a light, Vike for 3 days and back to work.
Oh and lots of frozen pea bags

Nancy Toby said...

I'd loan you my girls' Cinderella ice pack.... but maybe you'd like the Nemo ice pack better?

21stCenturyMom said...

Ow - I had mine out when I was spunky and young (21) and it sidelined me for a week. I was miserable. I think it really depends on whether or not they got a nerve in there.

I hope you feel better soon.