Monday, November 17, 2008

Loves me my spam

I have often spoke lovingly of SPAM. Let you haters firebomb my comments with detraction's to the origins, taste or longevity of the compressed spiced ham block. But SPAM has been one of my favorites for years. I took to the field while in the military. I lived on it as a valuable source of protein when typhoons hit and then living through a 8.3 earthquake.

As the economy makes everyone look at their shopping lists and how much to spend, there has been an increase in staple foods like jell0, kool aids, macaroni and cheese and instant mashed potatoes. But what is missing from this list? Protein. The article below regards the workers who put this fabulous meat out for us.

SPAM MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND

Go ahead, you know you want to. Buy a can and fry up some slices. Put them on a plate with two eggs over easy. maybe a little rice. What a breakfast.

5 comments:

Clyde S. Dale said...

Have you gone to Spam.com? You have to! It's a riot!

Flo said...

One of the best snacks on the face of the earth is a spam musubi; fried spam on a block of sticky rice all wrapped in nori (seaweed). It doesn't get any better than that, plus you've covered all your food groups. Spam is well.....spam, rice is your carbs, and nori is your greens. The perfect meal!!!

Flabbyironman said...

I (heart) me some Spam a couple of times a year. I can't eat it all of the time but I enjoy it when I do. We usually buy a can when we go camping and have it fried up for breakfast one morning. I love taking a fried slice and wrapping it in white bread with maybe a little mustard. MMMM.

stronger said...

D used to gobble up spam musubi first thing in the morning when he was 1.

Fe-lady said...

I am singing "Spam, spam, spam, spam!" from Monty Python right now....

But I have never tried it...and don't plan to!
(Although I hear they have a low fat version now...maybe next time I visit Hawaii!)