Monday, November 3, 2008

A bizarro world

Of course the election tomorrow occupies a lot of my thoughts today. As I am sure it does for many of you. Of course today when I just want to put the blinders on and power through the day, I have to think of much, much more. None of it pleasant or helpful to me.

I mean look, pain whether physical, emotional or intellectual, real or perceived, hurts. And it seems today already I have suffered dozens of of these silly paper cuts that add up to a lot of bleeding.

Trust me. I am not Atlas. I don't want the weight of the world on my shoulders. Crap I'd be happy to shoulder my whole load and that of my family, if I could just get away from some of the other stuff. It used to be that I turned to exercise to get through this, but like everything in this Bizarro world, the less I workout the healthier I get. So its better for me to not workout but then I can't process the stuff in my head.

Its confusing. I'm confused. Oh well. Tomorrow is another day.

3 comments:

Spokane Al said...

Perhaps you might want to consider the terrific words of author Ayn Rand in her seminal book. When one of the protagonists was asked what advice he would give if he encountered Atlas, he replied, "I would tell him to shrug."

LBTEPA said...

hang in there mate.

Mommymeepa said...

Like Ibtepa said, Hang in there buddy. Well she said mate, but I decided to be original and say buddy. You get the idea. :-)

Praying for ya.

Thanks for encouraging me the other day. I feel better about going and seeing my coach.

Take care.