Friday, November 7, 2008

into position

I had every intent of going to Starbucks and getting their protein plate and a small coffee for a snack. I got cut off by a driver and forced to drive ahead to the next entrance lest I cause a traffic commotion. Then a large truck blocked my path into the parking area I needed so I drove up the parking lot to turn around and somehow ended up in the drive thru of an In & Out Burger ordering a Double-Double.

I'm not disappointed in that. I like In & Out and haven't eaten their in months. But life is a lot like that, isn't it?

You're so set in getting what you want that you shock yourself when something unexpected forces you to take a detour and get something you would really enjoy. I really enjoyed that burger. I won't have one every day or every month, but its a nice diversion from a bagel and hard boiled egg.

There's treasure everywhere

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Mmmm. Burgers!!

Clyde S. Dale said...

&hit happens! lol

kodiacbear said...

Love the unexpected pleasures!

Mommymeepa said...

I miss In-n-out Burger. We don't have those here in the midwest. Every time I visit family in So. California I go there. I also get a chili cheese dog from Wienerschnitzel. Do you have those?

White Salamander said...

the real question is, did you get it protein style or with a bun?