Thursday, September 18, 2008

Patterns

Is it too much to say, yet again, that habits are just patterns that are done over and over again? I had lunch with Mistress at her office yesterday. It was really healthy. I remarked that I had eaten well for the last 3.6 hours, could I keep it up for 36 hours or even 36 days.

I have programmed my mind for success in a lot of areas of my life but not in all areas. Eating habits being one of them. I eat healthy 90% of the time, its the portion sizes that kill me. I let my guard down one afternoon per week and that ruins six days of a great progress. I think I can speak to many with those two statements.

So I ask myself, "Am I gonna do the work? Or am I gonna be like every other schmuck with an excuse."

Of course I am going to do the work. I have enjoyed my time eating like a Common Man and its time to exert some control over my life in this area. I have lived life excessively and the results have not been the cathartic experience I wanted. Instead quite the opposite.

My doc's have given me perfect parameters for hydration and nutrition. I will make them my parameters. I will reach for the perfect food for an evening snack, if I truly need one, instead of the comforts that add only to my waist and not add to the quality or quantity of the years of my life. I am changing the view I have of my plate and putting food back, I don't need one more scoop of this or an extra helping of that.

Speaking for only myself, I wish I could add exercise to this equation to hasten results. I know for now that is not going to help my health, perhaps it will even make it worse if I blast the way I want to. So its all on my emotions and my intellect. In a month of positive success, the actions will become unconscious and I will be closing the gap between my vision and reality.

No comments: