Friday, September 5, 2008

I am a medical money pit

Went to the dentist Thursday. Wish that was all I could say about that. I think everybody dreads this visit, though I will say I have the coolest dentist, ever. Its the only reason I go back, because the pain factor sucks. That being said, I'd easily hang with my dentist anywhere from a BBQ to Vegas.

This was the first time I had to fill out a medical questionnaire post kidney and liver failure. A lot more boxes to check now. Makes me shiver. Turns out that I need to clear some drugs with my iNew docs before I have some procedures done. Oh yeah I have an impacted wisdom tooth and need two crowns. I'd like to say its cheap but I'd be lying. Just get in line with the way I am going.

The exciting news is that I have just one wisdom tooth in my mouth. The two teeth that have been cracked from accidents and fights are finally at the point they need to be crowned or filled or whatever. As long as it lasts forever and I don't feel a thing. I'm cool.

Look, I have no problem willing my body past the point of no return, wringing the proverbial and sometimes literal puke out of it. If I do something painful to my body, no problem, I will do what I have to for recovery. You want to stick a needle in my foot or hand or mouth and we better be discussing SEDATION THERAPY. I cringe when I get stuck for an IV. Which lately...pretty frigging often. Luckily, sedation therapy did come up, thus the additional drug information to discuss with the docs.

The world keeps spinning and I keep holding on. I'm gonna be dizzy when I get off, but the point is to stay on as long as you can. And laugh about it.

4 comments:

Steve Stenzel said...

Nice attitude!!

Flatman said...

i HATE the dentist. HATE.

H.
A.
T.
E.

Have I made myself clear?

21stCenturyMom said...

Dental work is the worst! I hope your iDocs let you have gas. Gas is the bomb!

Wendy said...

Ugh. Sorry about the tooth situation!