Monday, September 22, 2008

Its starting to look a lot like....

...Christmas? WTF.

I was in Lowes and they already have two giant aisles of Christmas stuff set up. It was very strange to see Christmas tree decorations next to witches on brooms and ghouls over gravestones. One section had an assortment of stockings and above them on the top shelf was giant pumpkin and witch blow ups for the front yard.

I am a huge Christmas season guy. I love it. I will put my skimpy assortment of Christmas lights up outside a week or two into November and take them down usually late January, but this is too early even for me.

I am not a Halloween fan and only do what I do for the sake of my sons happiness. He is too young to understand personal beliefs on the subject and imposing my will on this would seem unfair to him.

My #2 misgiving of living in the Valley of the Sun, is the lack of a true winter season. It just doesn't seem like Christmas when it's sunny and 75 degrees November to March. My #1 misgiving is the lack of rain, which I miss terribly.

2 comments:

Fumo Santo said...

I hear that! I drove by Ace saturday night to find it closed, yet you could see through the windows from the street all aglow with Christmas decor. Too early indeed.

LBTEPA said...

SO with you!
BTW your last post really resonated with me - thanks for sharing it.