Friday, February 12, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Mae Leilani

Today is our daughter's very first birthday. Happy birthday my pretty pink princess beautiful butterfly.

Mae has certainly been a blessing in our family, no more so than to her big brother. Their hearts belong to each other, a bond that for the last twelve months has grown exponentially greater as their communication improves.

Mommy and little girl have completely bonded and already created that unique relationship of equal parts love and frustration that I see in every mother daughter relationship.

I was the hardest nut to crack and that's probably why she works so hard to bend daddy to her will. Oh I see the giggles and smiles when I walk into the room. She taunts me with the hugs and love pats when I hold her. But she won't crack me, daddy's are hard. I know. I know. Total crap.

Happy birthday sweetie. We'll continue to raise you as a God loving, sensible, open minded young lady with manners, patience, kindness, fairness, competitiveness and joy. We all look forward to teaching you about this great big world, see you've even been to Europe! Life is a great adventure and you're going to love it. Love it. Almost as much as we all love you.

Happy Birthday

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday Mae!

stronger said...

Happy birthday sweet girl!

Jana said...

I can't believe it's been a year already! I love you guys & want to wish that little precious a very Happy Birthday!!!