Thursday, February 4, 2010

Boys Town

This weekend continues a long standing tradition of going to Las Vegas for Superbowl weekend. Been doing this with mostly the same set of guys for the last dozen plus years. While I have in the past had some incredibly raucous and unrepeatable times in Vegas, (unless we're drinking at a bar and one upping each other, in which case I'll kick your ass), I thoroughly expect this weekend to be a decidedly low key affair.

I have actually planned this trip more as a workout retreat rather than a gambling, drinking, partying binge. I have a long run planned most days, in fact the first thing I'm doing when I get there is running the strip outside of town. Great route I've done before. You see a whole new level of Vegas when your not in a taxi. And sober. Okay, I will admit I love the gyms and spas in these hotels and look forward to soaking out my stress and sore muscles.

I don't even have gambling on my radar until Sunday. Not that I won't if I get the opportunity. Don't get me wrong I love to gamble. But get past the slot machines and the up & down adrenaline of table gambling and there is so much more to do there, even if you despise gambling. The shows, the events, the food, the strip itself. Its an incredibly entertaining experience. I have so many great experience in this town, I would actually love to bring Mighty Mo there in a year or so.

Whatever you do in life, don't just exist. Live.