Thursday, May 27, 2010

Random Musing, May 27

It has been a stressful week here at Endurance Pursuits. So instead of a long rambling discourse, I am going to list some things that have been on my mind, in no particular order.
  • You don't need a weatherman to tell you its hot in the valley. The wax based chapstick tube that melted on my car console is proof enough. Time to switch to Vaseline lip balm.
  • I suppose the other no-brainer on the same subject is when you reach in the gym bag for stick deoderant and it melted all over my workout shirt. Time to switch to spray or colgne.
  • When a person gets a job at Whole Foods, does the company provide hemp clothing and accessories or does the employee wear their own?  I suppose the patchoulli oil is standard in the employee break room.
  • I had to buy a pair of jeans that fit, 'cause I've lost some weight. I like boot cut and as I kept trading down on waist sizes I realized that the bottom of my pants looked bigger than my thigh and waist area. Never had that visual on me before. Its a little weird.
  • I'm officially more concerned about EMP damage due to terrorism than global warming and a little pissed off that our government spends more money on the later than the former.
  • I have a bad habit of telling my wife I will be home at a certain time and then not getting home till much later.
  • I realize only now in life that I am a massive introvert who likes to be around people than an extrovert who needs quiet time.
  • I don't like phones. I only carry my phone when neccesary and turn the sound off most of the time. If I don't recognize the number I probably won't answer it.
  • I often don't listen to voicemail for several days.
  • I am an optimist. Fatalism bores me, these people rarely die doing what they dread, so its a broken record. Realists usually have a myopic self centered agenda. Pessamism usually makes people sacrastic and most people don't do sarcasm well. Really.
  • I love my hot tub but realize it doesn't aid my legs in recovery as well as elevation and ice.
  • I believe in sensible footwear at all times. I think people who wear flip flops with any outfit for work, school or daily errands are sloppy and repulsive. Flip flops are only sensible for things like showers, pools and beaches. The definitely should not be worn with jeans.
  • I have gotten so used to my electronic book reader that I think its kind of a hassle to turn pages in a real book now. But I suffer through it.
Have a great day.

4 comments:

Jana said...

Ooh I like your rants today! They gave me insight.... hmm..... but the one thing I defend is the flip flops! It's not sloppy! Sloppy is wearing old, ugly tri tees as a "nice outfit"! :) Sneakers are not dressing up shoes! I never check my cell voicemail & never answer a number I don't recognize either! Patchoulli is soooo gross! I grew up in Flag with Hippies in full effect, no offense but not a lovely smell! I enjoyed your post today & just thought I'd let ya know! Hugs to you & your fam!

TriDaddy said...

Interesting stuff...

"I have a bad habit of telling my wife I will be home at a certain time and then not getting home till much later."

-- It wasn't until I quit my accounting job that I was able to cure myself of that.

I like your point about being introverted. I'm not the traditional introvert or extrovert.

Brent Buckner said...

Yeah, thinking about EMP is chilling. And the mind boggles at the possibility of a Carrington Event level solar flare.

Fe-lady said...

Have you tried OluKai sandals? (Flip flops)
Great arch support and I think they are pretty enough to wear with skirts/dresses. And I can hose them off after raking the yard...
Whole foods? I refuse to go in there unless it's the only place open!