Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Back in the fold

It is a really nice feeling to be back into the training fold. I was never out of it, but when one is in recovery and sitting on the sidelines, it is not the same as participating. Now that the word is out and my marginal accomplishments in training are being revealed I am getting requests to partake in races all over the country. 

Very tempting. 

I have one personal harebrained idea, just for a workout, that I may actually be able to turn into a multimedia event for my business. Nothing like training on company time. 

Of course I am looking at all options, not the least of which is how to take more vacation days this year so I can do the traveling necessary for racing abroad. I don't think Mistress is going to give me much grief, I have 'staycationed' for the last two years and it's time for me to hit the road for some adventures. The boundary's are still in place, no Ironman, no century rides, no rock climbing. That leaves a lot of room for endurance pursuits.

It only helps my case that Mistress and Baby Mae have taken two 2 week trips this year already. Its only fair that I get to bug out for some guy time and personal space. While I have jotted a few dates down on a napkin, I haven't confirmed, signed up or marked off any races or dates for the rest of the year. Yet. 

I think May is going to be an interesting month for me.

It is not enough to exist. I am going to live. 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

This sounds like a fine attitude Comm's -- and yes, there is lots outside of long rides, rock climbing and Ironman.

I'll look forward to hearing about your plans as they unfold.