Friday, May 14, 2010

Big Training Looming

I am happy to say I am not freaking out yet on my 24 hours of movement training tomorrow. I have been treating this week as a sort of taper and just dabbling in training. My knee seems a bit dodgy but think the little aches and pains are actually from a lack of my standard training level this week. 

Going for 24 hours actually doesn't daunt me. I visualize certain segments and wonder, "yeah the 7 mile uphill run on the Beeline" is a long slog without a place to refuel or break but I don't wonder if I will be bored. I actually really like to run. I love to run. And walking is just gravy. And I don't need to be around people to have a sense of joy in my life.

The first leg of my route is actually to run home from Mo's football tournament. After checking in with the family I just want to get past the first 26.2 miles. I've obviously run marathons in the past and to get past this milestone distance is key to my entire day. Next is 30 miles which is the farthest I have hiked in one day. After that, I have gone no further using just my own two feet in a  single day. Exciting.

I am bringing a lot of food with me. Which is actually not necessary with all the options I will have on route. But I will need to carry food for the Grand Canyon next month so might as well. Plus it will give me a chance to try out different sugars and carbohydrates to see what occurs with my stomach. I actually look forward to just running with a cup of coffee or burger. Kind of like one long pub crawl. I may even stop for a beer. I have been known for such things before in training. 

I have a Shared Page set up through my SPOT gps messenger that will log my tracks every ten minutes. I didn't get a chance to test it, so I hope when I put the link up that it will work. Otherwise, I will be posting on my Facebook wall updates from time to time. I am also taking my digicam and thinking that every hour or so I will take a short video to talk about something. I'm multimedia, ya'll!


No comments: