Monday, December 28, 2009

Planning

I am telling you right now, had there not been an open bottle of Hersey's Caramel topping in my refrigerator, I would be at least two pounds lighter than I am today. Because look, its not just the caramel topping, any a moron can dip a spoon in a jar, its creatively applying that ooey, gooey, scrumptious substance to something else. Usually something chocolate.

My Flatiron hike on Christmas Eve, hammered, hammered, my quads. Four days later I can walk down my stairs without taking them one at a time or using the railing. So even though I am a few miles behind in my training this week, I am on vacation through January 4 and I am looking for some great adventures.

Here is some of the things I would love to get done this week. As I am often corrected, all adventures are not endurance sports or competition. Thus I am going to fulfill my promise Mighty Mo to see snow before the end of the year. He has never seen it in person. I am going to attempt another run up Carney Springs to find the trail that leads over the ridge line of the Superstition Mountains. Fellowship with friends, an anniversary with Mistress and New Years.

Its not enough to exist. I am going to live.

3 comments:

Ryan said...

I scoff at your claim that there is more to life than endurance sports.

Enjoy the break and make a snow angel in my name.

Steven said...

Happy New Year, Comm!
I hope we get to meet at a race in 2010...come up and do Lake Stevens Ironman 70.3!

-Steven

Andy said...

Happy New Year! Mo gets to see snow??? I feel the same way living in Atlanta. I have to watch snow on TV to see my snow. I hope the rest of your vacation is great!