Thursday, December 10, 2009

Not all lollipops and egg nog

Well still haven't trained this week, nor most of last. Painful admission on my part. I feel guilty of Common Man Syndrome but I realize this is just a marginalizing of how sick I am right now and how run down I get before a vacation. I think everyone, myself included, has had a hard 2009 and just wants to have a little joy and love of family before closing the book on the year. Its just getting through the rest of the year, first.

I did get nine and half hours sleep last night. I needed it. I woke up only once about three hours in. My book was still propped on my chest and my headlamp was still shining on the page. Mistress let me sleep in as long as I needed, which was great except it made me rush to get out of the house on time. Though I have popped a couple cold tabs to get through the day.

Mighty Mo has missed the whole week of school with his illness. He has a couple hours of good energy and then just wiped out. Hopefully he will be better by the weekend.

Mae took her first couple of unsupported steps in her playpen yesterday. Mistress wouldn't call them 'walking' but all of us think she will officially walk by Christmas. She has barely crawled around on the floor, instead preferring her walker to zip around in.

Mistress is juggling it all with relative ease. Her ankle is getting better and like all moms, able to absorb multiple immediate needs with a pretty casual disposition. With Mae sleeping through the night now, she is also getting undistrubed sleep with is greatest gift a mom can have.

Its not enough to exist, I am going to live.

No comments: