Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Happy advice

A sure sign that I am firmly moving back into triathlon is the attraction people have toward me for advice. Nothing pleases me more, and I think I speak for the vast majority of triathletes, than helping peoe with their programs. Dosent suck that I am in the indusrty I am n which gives me practical experience with people and fitness.

Today alone I have been approached by two people looking for advice or mentoring I to the sport. Funny enough all the people I have spoke too lately all have the same fear, the swim. From someone like me who had zero swim ability and still cannot float and has only one stroke, anything is possible.

What has been most exciting for me is that is something that was sorely lacking in my recovery. It was very important for me have hard break from the excitement of adventure and now that I am back I haven't skippd a beat.

I would say the one thing has changed is that as of yet I still haven't fully comitted myself to training with the squad. Where I was at 90% of team events I am now at about a third. Better than the 0% it has been so it's not all bad.

2010 promises to be a great year for me. I expect to engage again in the spirit of competition. I expect plenty of successes and honestly quite a few failures. "No rain, no rainbows."

it is not enough to exist, I am going to live.

No comments: