Monday, March 16, 2009

A lapse in time

Man, I don't even stay in the hospital for a week without posting. Where did that time go. Oh, yes, we have a new baby in the house.

I did have my longest run since my injury at Ironman last year. 10k. Felt really good. I did a 9:1 run/walk. Everything actually felt right. Running has always been a comfort for me and this felt like getting to know an old friend again. I recall so well wondering, "What am I going to train today?" Then just hop out of bed and run 15-18 miles. I don't know if my body will ever let me get back to that kind of endurance conditioning without some sort of fatal error, but I am optimistic for more, much more progress.

Other than a long run, everything else was short, intense interval training at a higher HR than I probably should have gone. Overall, not much more, maybe ten beats on average but I will confess on activity put my HR at 207 for a few minutes.

My one regret was not cycling. I tried. Just did not happen. This week for sure. I hope tonight. Baby's always have a way of getting in the way of good spin on the trainer.

There's treasure everywhere.