Monday, December 8, 2008

Rapt Attention

Mistress and Mo huddled under the blankets on the couch this morning to await the morning weatherman report. He teased his next segment with words like, 'Rain, cold and snow." Egad. Here in Phoenix could we have a snow day?

As it turns out the rain is down south, the snow far east, and the cold? Well the morning temperature will be around 48 degrees. With a snap of her fingers Mistress proclaimed, "Well Mo, looks like pants for the next two mornings."

Pants. The Phoenix equivalent of a snow day to a elementary school kid.

No, it will not be 17* today like in Chicago. Instead our daytime high is closer to 75*. I may be wearing my watch cap today and my down jacket. The sky may be cloudless and the sun not quite as bright, but I'd hate to get a bit nippy.

There's treasure everywhere.

8 comments:

Wendy said...

I am willing to give Mo some of my snow days. (Free. No charge!)

;-)

M said...

yeah, it's pretty stinkin' here right now - and we usually don't get these temps until late January or February.

you say "48" and I start thinking, "where's my bathing suit?" you oughta come and visit us sometime to see what real cold is - there are days it will literally suck your breath out and make you want to throw up.

our door's always open....

momo said...

i think the only day that little j wears pants is on wednesday (free dress day) when he wears jeans. but only sometimes. long pants are in short supply in this household, too!

Brent Buckner said...

Long pants. Ick.

Mommymeepa said...

oh yeah and like M said when spring hits and it's 48-50 degrees out we break out the shorts.

Mommymeepa said...

I love living in Chicago. We get to see the seasons change. Yeah it's cold out, can't feel my toes, just slid across my driveway and almost wiped out cause of the sheet of ice, but I love it. Wouldn't trade it for the world. Now could you please stop blogging about your "cold" weather. LOL

Supalinds said...

Long pants, grrrrr. It was 20 degrees and snowy when I stepped outside today.

Nytro said...

yea... i would kill for a high of 75. and 48 degrees here, we still wear shorts for a run. and sometimes for work.

greener grass, i suppose. but we don't melt in the summer here.

yep... definitely greener grass.