Saturday, December 27, 2008

In the now

Life has been moving so fast that its been hard to breathe. Decembers are always like this. Each time I looked to post a success story or notable situation, another jumped into its place. I suppose this is actually living in the now.

This is the first time in 15 years that I haven't spent the end of the year going through fitness goals or race schedules for the next year. I suppose when my only goal is to ACTUALLY be able to workout without going to the ER...there's not a lot to plan out. Right now the plan is to do nothing until I MIGHT be able to do something. Then I suppose the escalation of training would be more akin to the tortoise than the hare.

Christmas morning certainly brought front and center that a new baby is coming to the house. Mo is so ready to be a big brother. Carol is so ready to be a new mother. I am.

Have a great weekend everyone. Lets get this year of happiness and strife behind us and turn a page.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

There's a lot to be said for just being!

It will certainly be an exciting year ahead for the Manns.

Fe-lady said...

The best to you Commodore...and family too!