Saturday, December 13, 2008

More Support work

A few of my triathlon team mates have decided to do an epic swim today. They will circumnavigate Canyon lake where we swim apparently year round now. This will officially be the latest swim we have done in a year.

Technically I wish I could say WE. Instead I will be supporting by boat. That water will be cold, certainly 50's but perhaps low, low 50s. I need to be vigilant for hypothermia.

Not only am I still not cleared for training, but my wetsuit has a 2" rip in the chest next to the arm pit panel. I actually found that rip as I was putting my suit on for the swim start at Ironman in April. My level head found someone with duct tape and I had a PR at the distance. Still haven't got it fixed though. Why bother having another piece of kit is great working condition while I am not.

It will be cold but should be fun. I love working with my team in either a competitive or support role. One person is training for IM New Zealand and a couple for IMCdA next summer.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Volunteers make things happen!

Good of you to get out and help.

21stCenturyMom said...

Low 50s? brrr... I know you are anxious to start training again but in this case I think you may have had the better deal.

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

I heart them volunteers, yo!

Stay tuned...